Friday, July 22, 2005

Fine Arts Work Center

This weekend, I am attending a memoir writing workshop at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, Mass. In August, I'll be doing a week long poetry workshop there with Mark Wunderlich--my second workshop with him.

If you ever have the chance, check out the summer and fall workshop offerings at FAWC. The instructors are accomplished artists and writers, and many, if not most of the classes are open to artists of all levels. I came away from last year's workshop feeling quite inspired. Of the three poems I wrote that will be in the next issue of eratio, two were generated during that time.

Plus, if you go in the summer, you get to hang out at the beach in the afternoons, which is exremely important for artistic inspiration. :-)

I'm hopping on the ferry later today--I'll see you on Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really envy you guys.

It is so difficult to find poetry workshops in Singapore that I have to organize one personally. Hey, we don’t even have an online poetry workshop. Sigh … :(

Unknown said...

I have application forms piling from FAWC for a 7-month art and writing fellowship residency, but I simply have no time to process necessary requirements with my overwhelming art activities at home. Hope one day I can have the luxury of time going there and maybe see Amy in person.

Wildefrost said...

Wow, I am so jealous. Wish I could go!

Amy said...

Dead:

Have you considered starting an online poetry workshop?